Along with the cucumbers I pickled some summer squash. The squash came out great also. It would be a wonderful addition to a cheese platter.
Ingredients: Servings vary, made two quart size ball jars
Enough Kirby cucumbers to fit in your jars about 1 1/2 lbs
1 1/2 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoons pickling spices per jar
a couple of pieces of dill
1 clove of garlic per jar
- Wash and quarter cucumbers.
- Heat vinegar, salt, and sugar until dissolved. Add water.
- Place some dill, garlic clove, and pickling spice in a jar.
- Add cucumbers and cover with liquid.
- Cover and store in the fridge for a couple of days without opening the jar.
Cost: $1.20 total, .60 per serving
Time: 10 minutes active/total
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving (based on 20 pickles per batch)
Weight Watcher Points +: 0